Saturday, August 5, 2023

Dear Isis

 Dear Isis,


I am a modern remnant of you, one of your many granddaughters. I know even though I live thousands of years in the future from you, my counselor said I might benefit from writing you a letter to see if we could get to the bottom of some of my issues. 

So here goes… Oh I am nervous.

Grandmother Isis, can you help me reconstruct the days of Ma’at. I am looking to know more about your times to uncover who we can become by knowing who we have been.

In humble admiration,
The High Priestess
_______



Dear High Priestess,
I can try to help you, my granddaughter.

I, Isis, also called Auset or Iside, whose name means throne, was the bestower of the power of that throne to worthy leaders of humanity.  They were not left to their own devices however in this heavy responsibility or burden.  They were given the framework with which to rule their people and likewise to impress upon the people that they too should live by this framework we call the Laws of Maat...laws written by my wise sister of the white ostrich feather who gives these laws her name...MAAT.

My sister Maat provides an important service to civilization.  In her role in the underworld weighing the heart of the deceased against the her feather of truth... determining if the life of the recently departed was a moral life of truth and integrity... she is the ultimate accountability… karma, if you will.  Ma’at stands as the deterrent to evil, mis-use and abuse among humanity.  She is the promise a life well lived will result in a heavenly reward ....

Is this what you are looking for?

Cordially, Isis


PS. Also here are some links my present day devotees asked me to give to you if you want to know more.

and


links and voice of Isis provided by Karen Tate, scholar, priestess, and devotee of Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment