Monday, May 29, 2023

Stories I tell

May 29, 2023


You all, 


I have mentioned I write continuously. I’ve rediscovered this handy little blogging spot and will now  begin saving some of the stories I tell here. There will be a lot of discontinuous time-hopping. This is the beauty of blogs. Nobody has to read everything there or in order, only what interests them.My mate and I live a rather isolated existence in the Rogue Valley. Especially since covid.  For my social life, I needed friends, so well…. I made up a few. I needed ways to express metaphorically what I see in the world around. I will begin posting these tales beginning with stories I began in 2012 - the last time this blog was active. I begin with Chuen and Oc, a story which began telling itself to me not long after I began day keeping the Mayan calendars in 2012. 


Next we will hear from Motu - the Mother of the Universe, who came to me by way of dear friend. A cloth artist, Wini McQueen, was headed to Africa and wanted to know if she could bring me anything back. I thought for a minute and then said very seriously, “you can bring me back the Mother of the Universe.”  Wini, being Wini, as she wandered the cloth markets of west Africa asked the merchants if they had the Mother of the Universe. The answer was always no. Then one day, someone beckoned her, telling her he had the mother of universe here, in this basket of old cloths. 

He pulled out a bent nail representation of an old woman, bucket on her head and the earth on her skirt. Wini brought her back and  Motu instantly became alive between the two of us and we were quick to realize she has her own stories.


She sits on an alter in the pet cemeter. At the beginning of each trecena, (a Mayan 13 day week) she is moved to the next direction. For the curious, this is a star shaped path - north to south to east to west and back to north. A never ending dance.


Sometimes I write about Elorac who is Carole through the looking glass, an enduring part of me, coming out in the  early 1980’s. It seemed I needed her to gain distance from Carole, and writing in third person seemed to do the trick.


In these entries you will also meet Wolf, Raven, my grandmothers and the grandmothers. You may hear from the grandmothers right away.  They don’t like being on the back burner. You know how insistent the ancestors can be! There is God L, who is not such a great guy. There are the Benefactors, great trees providing all that is needed. But God L took over the Cacao Tree which is the money tree. There are terrible things afoot. Motu, sits on the alter with Albert and Walt, as they try to steer Earth and the galaxies into something new that even Motu has never seen before.  


And then sometimes, Carole, me, the identity that goes out into the world, she has something to say - like right now. She will be interjecting, as if this is some kind of typical blog and you might be interested in her take in the world.  




Like I said when I began, this is not a linear blog. It is a container. A chalice if you will, of all things Carole. I am giving my friends, these characters and Elorac and myself a place to have a voice, to express ourselves, to have an opinion. Nobody is obligated to read all these words about these worlds and words inside of me, but I offer them to you. They seem to want to come off the six acres here and mingle with the rest of the world. I’m opening the floodgates. 
Enjoy what is meaningful and read what interests you. Thank you if you are reading. It is a conversation! Welcome in.


No comments:

Post a Comment