Sunday, May 28, 2023

May 5, 2023

I’ll start here 
-in a  mini crisis of confidence, 
connection and cosmos.

I invite poetTess over, asking for her to bring a cupful of meaning for me, please dear friend. poetTess asks her friend Hecate, of the crossroads, to cross this threshold with us. Hecate motions for IxCuina to come on in. 

“It might as well be a party”, poetTess sighs. “Carole, you have always loved a party.” But we know it is no longer true. I dread a party, a good time, any opportunity to connect with others. 


“What is true,” I explain, forever explaining. “I invited you all here because I have lost meaning. Really it’s that I have lost meaningful connections to others.”


IxCuina acknowledges this. “You are always so naughty.” She inspects her nails. “It does make you interesting.” She raises her eyebrows and looks pointedly at me and sees me crumble a little more when she referenced to my choice decades ago to live an interesting life. 

Now I feel overwhelmed by it all. Ixchuina nods towards the gardens to remind me what I already know - “You are connected to the land and seasons, to birds and plants, the water and the .dirt - they all  tether you to this existence."

“At this time of lunar eclipse, it doesn’t feel enough,” I explain.


“Feeling existential, are you?” Chirps in that old hag, Hecate. I glare at Hecate because it is like looking in a mirror. Scrawny old woman, nobody thinks twice to see hanging around on the corner, under the tree, around the bend from the Crack in the Earth.


“Yes, Hecate, I am feeling quite existential. What’s to be done?” She looks bored, full of ennui, herself. I look at her a little harder. “What’s up, Hecate?” care creeping in.


“It’s you”, she says, suddenly energetic, “it’s me! It is being frozen in time that is being especially problematic lately. - Time itself is at a crossroads”, she explains. 


And here we go, Hecate and me, down into our hall of mirrors together. “Times are coming together and we are having a collective head explosion”, I ask?


Hecate nods slowly. “Yeah. Cosmic forces and human minds are at a meeting point. All that is really required is to stay in your meat suit, even though you and many others feel the need to explode into a new knowing. All you have to do is maintain. It is that full moon, you know. Add a dash of eclipse, throw in some seditious conspiracy and a world in a frenzy of news consumption and there are highly volatile  circumstances brewing.” 


I ask, all the while nodding like I’m wise which indeed I am not- “is it like the gases stuff above a fire - the air heavy with a gas, not the flame, but highly combustible?  Then I turn to poetTess, “can you summarize all of this?”





“Passing through time zones, 
heads ablaze,
We pass frequencies back and forth,
all doubting any of this is real.
We convene for a quick morning party
Because Carole was feeling 
irrelevant and out of sorts.
Convene
Discuss 
And make it all clear as mud. 
Then we will go about our day.
AND, at least,
We all feel like clearer mud
Clearer than we did,
Because we talked and connected.
So go forth into your realms
Inviting the day in.
Respond in kindness”




 

No comments:

Post a Comment